EmailCashPro

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kusu Islands revisited... 29 Oct 09

It's the annual Kusu Island Pilgrimage 2009 and since I am currently jobless and nothing to do in the day, I asked Ruilong along to the island. We met at about 4pm at Marina Bay MRT Station and took a bus to Marina South Pier where the ferry is. Once we arrived at the pier, we bought our tickets at the booth and went onboard the ferry.
The ferry left shortly after we went onboard and headed for Kusu Island. It was just a short fifteen to twenty minutes ride and we arrived. Kusu Island, also known as tortise island or formally as Pulau Tembakul, it's a small island with two lagoon and a chinese temple as well as a malay shrine.
After entering the island, we went to the temple and bought the offering and prayed. After that, we walked around the island and experience the changes it had went through after so many years. Like I mentioned, it's Kusu Island revisited... The last time I visited the island was like 20 over years ago, when I was still very young.
If I had not remembered wrongly, I actually stood on this statue for picture before when I was young. Wonder if I am ever able to find that picture again...
We went over to the tortise santuary and used the left over vegetables to feed the tortise... There were so many of them, some in the pond while some it the tortise shelter.

We continued walking around the island and took some pictures. We went to the Malay Shrine and had some drink at the food centre before taking the ferry back to mainland.
After reaching back at Marina South Pier, we took a bus out to Tanjong Pagar MRT Station and travelled back to the east and had our dinner at Bedok Market Block 85 before proceeding home.

No comments:

Post a Comment